Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Poppies Full of Sunshine

So when Sofia got her new bed, I went on the prowl for a new quilt for her bed. I checked out all of the usual suspects but nothing really caught my eye. Then I remembered Etsy. For those of you who don't know, Etsy is a website where people who handcraft things from jewellery and books to clothes and quilts and everything in between can sell their goods. I spotted this quilt and could not stop my mouse from clicking back to it over and over. It was a crib size so quite obviously not the right size for Sofia's big girl bed. Well, I contacted the girl who designed and made it and she agreed to make it in a custom size.

Today, the postman delivered it to my front door all the way from Massachussets (is that the correct number of t's and s's......you would think I would know having gone to grad school in Boston wouldn't you?). It arrived just in time for Sofia's nap and in the box was also a cute wee black and white cat for Sofia, who also took a nap under the new quilt.

Lisa......the quilt arrived in perfect condition and I was shocked when it showed up today. I have put plenty of photos on here so you can see just how perfect it is. I think the shrinkage was a good thing. Thank you for Sofia's beautiful sunny poppies (and the kitty too).









2 comments:

Moon Spirit Studios said...

Oh Meredith!! It looks absolutely stunning on Sofia's bed. I hope she likes it as much as I love it! And I love that shot with the big "live" kitty on the bed too! Enjoy "Poppies" in good health for many, many years!

Linda said...

This is so beautiful....I am talking about the girl and th quilt. Both are perfect! I still
want to meet that little Sofia!!
miss you guys xoxox Linda