Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day

This year, I celebrated my Mothers' Day a day early.  It was kind of nice that way.  For one reason, we had beautiful weather as it was scheduled, and did, pack up the following day.  And, it meant that the following day could be spent with Geema and Grandma Jean celebrating them both.

My choice, was to go to Funderland and have a picnic in the park.  And it was just perfect.  A no stress, kind of lazy afternoon hanging with my two favourite people.

We rode our bikes down to the park......no mean feat for me given that my friends had dragged me out for a run and bike ride that morning.  Good thing my cruiser has a good cushy seat on it.....that's all I've got to say about that.

I mean, look at this face. 
I LOVE this face and everything that goes along with it.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being Mum to this kiddo.


We rode ponies.  The very same ponies (okay so not the exact same ponies.....that would make them ancient) that her daddy rode as a little boy.


We rode the train.  I really don't think this was made for big people.


And the cars.


And the aeroplanes.


And when we figured out that our plane was busted and didn't go up and down like everyone elses, we entertained us all by pulling silly faces.  I don't know who taught her this particular one, although I do have my suspicions.


One super happy Mama.  You can't even tell that I am trying not to throw up on a Merry-go-Round that was travelling at the speed of light.


And it was all topped off with a picnic in the park in the most beautiful field of dasies ever.


Sofia found a dandelion (we used to call them fairies when I was a little girl) to wish on.
No need for me.......I've got everything I ever wished for.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
 to all of the Mum's out there.

No comments: