Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Triathlon....check!

1/2 mile swim
16 miles on the bike
and a 3 mile run

This weekend I became a triathlete
and it was a blast!
I got to train with some great people,
and under the guidance of the most amazing and inspirational woman.

This whole thing has been such a gift for me this summer.

I loved it so much that I have signed up for another.


With Nicole prior to the start.


The start of the swim.
Red caps are for the "old ducks".
We started last, but just as enthusiastically as the young kids up front.
Besides, red caps make you swim faster, right?


The end of the swim.
Glad to have that done and I only swallowed about 1/2 of the lake.


Off on the bike.


While I was out on the bike my cheerleeding team took a dip themselves.



And made me a sign.


Back again.......


.......and off on the run.
How can you not love a send off like this?


Coach Jamie finishing strong.


and me......#2102


crossing the finish line in 2 hours, 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Not too shabby for a first time.


Jamie and me, post race.


And some of my training buddies.
Can't wait to get out in the water, on the bike
and on foot with them again for the next race.



1 comment:

Clyde and Terri said...

We are so proud of you, Meredith.